With the release of iOS 15, Apple introduced the option to customize the Safari browser’s address bar placement, giving users the freedom to choose between top and bottom positions.
Google has now followed suit, enabling users of Chrome on iOS to move the address bar to the bottom of their screens. In this article, we’ll explore how to move the address bar to the bottom of Chrome on an iPhone.
How to Customise Chrome Address Bar on iPhone
Google has started rolling out this feature with Chrome for iOS version 119. If you haven’t received the update, consider updating your Chrome for iOS app. Once you have the updated version, follow these steps:
1. Open the Chrome app on your iPhone:
- Launch the Chrome app on your iPhone, and make sure you have the latest version installed.
2. Move the address bar to the bottom:
- Long-press the address bar within the Chrome app.
- Tap on the option that says “Move address bar to bottom.”
3. Alternative method using settings:
- If the long-press method doesn’t work for you, try this alternative approach:
- Tap on the three dots located on the bottom-right of the screen.
- Scroll through the icons and select “Settings.”
- Inside the Settings menu, tap on “Address Bar.”
- Choose the “Bottom” option.
- Finally, tap “Done” located in the top-right corner.
That’s it! You’ve successfully moved the Chrome address bar to the bottom of your iOS device.
Change Chrome Address Bar Orientation on iPhone
If you ever decide to switch the address bar back to the top, you can easily do so by following the same steps.
In conclusion, it’s now effortless to move the address bar to the bottom in Chrome on iPhone, thanks to Google’s new feature.
This customization allows users to tailor their browsing experience according to the size of their hands and device preferences.
The default setting still retains the top-oriented address bar, so it’s entirely optional. Keep in mind that Google is gradually rolling out this feature, so it might take some time before it’s available to everyone.
Enjoy your personalized browsing experience with the Chrome address bar at the bottom of your iPhone screen!